Welcome to the home of Permaculture on the island of Ireland.
To support the beneficial transformation and development of environments, communities and individuals towards a resilient and sustainable Ireland, both North and South through the practice and ethics of permaculture.
What We are About
The aims of Permaculture Ireland and Northern Ireland are to:
- Provide information about Permaculture
- Provide a supportive network in which individuals and local groups can share information, experience, skills and resources
- Provide a focus for the development of Permaculture within Ireland
- Design healthy and productive systems based on a deeper understand of Ireland’s ecosystems and landscapes
- Showcase examples of Permaculture projects ( garden, farm, urban, community ) within Ireland generally and from elsewhere
- Provide a resource for learning about Permaculture through design courses and related training opportunities
- Develop and maintain standards for the practice and teaching of Permaculture within Ireland
- Establish links with national and local governments, agencies, business, institutions and colleges and with voluntary and community organisations to promote the development of resilience and sustainability
- Identify sources of funding, resources and support to develop opportunities for permaculture projects